Akonadi cache size 5 times too large with Kontact kolab_resource

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Jan 31 14:36:06 GMT 2019

Am Donnerstag 31 Januar 2019 14:52:24 schrieb Martin Steigerwald:
> Older versions of Akonadi leaked files. "akonadictl fsck" would move
> those to the files lost+found directory, which you can empty afterwards.

Martin, thanks for the response!

I did run "akonadictl fsck", but I did not know about cleaning out
the lost+found directory manually. There was a lot of output of the command,
which I did not check line by line. So now I cannot say.

Maybe an entry in one of the prominent Akonadi trouble shooting lists/wikis
can be improved to have this information.

See one other thread were users thought that "vacuum" would clean entries out.
https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?t=125009

Regards,
Bernhard