Akonadi cache size 5 times too large with Kontact kolab_resource

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Jan 31 13:32:33 GMT 2019

Am Dienstag 29 Januar 2019 09:25:40 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:
> the size of the akonadi data in the user's home directory
> is more than 5 times the size of the data.

> Otherwise I'll completely remove akonadi's data and config and
> start with a fresh configuration.

This was done.

> On the new Kontact the directory has over 17 GByte.
> A part of this maybe the baloo index, but it still is way too much.

> Expectation: The needed disk cache should be roughly the size of the
> combined emails, a maximum of factor 2

After a complete sync it is at 7.8 GByte data, so this is less than half
of the old cache. And within the range of roughly double the size of all
emails.

Conclusion: Old setups may have data which is not referenced anymore and does
not get cleared out by Akonadi / Kontact / KMail itself or with documented
methods. Sometimse a fresh setup maybe necessary to reduce clear out old
data.

Regards,
Bernhard