Akonadi or kmail error

Peter Humphrey peter at prh.myzen.co.uk
Thu Jan 3 08:32:14 GMT 2019

Hello list,

In case any devs are watching, I have an error to report from after
'akonadictl restart':
------------
ProtocolException thrown:Failed to write data to stream
Qt has caught an exception thrown from an event handler. Throwing
exceptions from an event handler is not supported in Qt.
You must not let any exception whatsoever propagate through Qt code.
If that is not possible, in Qt 5 you must at least reimplement
QCoreApplication::notify() and catch all exceptions there.

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Akonadi::ProtocolException'
  what():  Failed to write data to stream

I always have to call 'akonadictl restart' twice, because the first time I see
no evidence that it's stopped, only started; the second time it does go
through the motions of stopping, then restarting.

Is there a better way to report things of this kind?

--
Gentoo testing
gcc 8.2.0-r5