any progress on kmail in debian buster?

John White john at lawquest.com
Mon Aug 19 19:24:39 BST 2019

On Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:07:27 AM PDT John White wrote:
> Since updating from jessie to buster kmail has not worked right. It simply
> won't open, save, etc some emails.  This really messes things up.  If it
> keep trying to open one of the problem emails, kmail goes into la la land
> and just churns and churns.  Eventually, often, the computer will just
> freeze.  If it is not fixed soon, I fear I will have to try another email
> client.  As I love kmail, I will only do that if I have no choice.  I am
> told bug reports have been made, but its looking like nothing is being
> done.
>
> John White
> White Law Chartered
> 335 W 1st St
> Reno, NV 89503

View>headers>kmail 5.2 helps a lot but still problems that should be fixed ASAP..
And I still can't figure out how to mark and archive all 2018 emails into a separate
2018 folder.  I am thinking that if I could move them to a separage folder,
something I did before buster (in 2015, 2016, 2017) it would at least speed up the
process.

John