All local folders lost in KMail

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Fri Aug 16 15:14:30 BST 2019

Maurice - 16.08.19, 15:59:43 CEST:
> On Thu, 15 Aug 2019 14:50:18 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
> > On my box, KMail is just too fragile, and I don't know why.
>
> Kmail has been through a turgid time, especially in KDE4, at which
> time I gave up and migrated to Thunderbird, although its GUI is in
> some respects nowhere near as good as Kmail.
>
> But I have also been monitoring Kmail (V. 5.11.0), and currently it
> seems to be quite reliable here on Mageia-7.

As far as I understood, 19.08 will come with another round of significant
improvements for both reliability and performance.

Unfortunately on Debian Sid I am still stuck with KMail/Akonadi 5.9.3
from KDEPIM 18.04.

As too all folder lost: I have the feeling I have no significant helpful
hint to contribute. I did not really get from scanning through the mails
what really happened there. It appeared quite convoluted. But there is
one mail I will chime in to in a moment.

Best.
--
Martin