All local folders lost in KMail

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 12:13:58 BST 2019

On Wednesday August 07 2019 10:56:29 Peter Humphrey wrote:

>unread message in the in-box. Each filter is set to mark the message unread
>while moving it, but on yesterday's system it was doing that and then
>immediately marking it read. Odd, but not life-threatening.

What is your setting for what to select after moving a message or opening a mailbox? I long missed an option to 'select nothing' (until I patched it into KMail 4.1x myself, *partly*). If somehow your filter generates a selection event that would explain why the message is marked read.

FWIW, my setting for "mark as read" is "after 2 seconds" which usually gives me enough time to hit the cursor keys to move the selection away from a message I don't want to open when it gets  selected automatically. Sometimes akonadi takes so much time, however, that those 2 seconds aren't enough >:-(

I can't help you with the filtering though. I do mine on the server (because I can, and because that means it also works when I read my mail via my phone or Thunderbird).

R.