Kmail not syncing read/unread state with imap mailbox

Francesco frapox at yahoo.it
Mon Apr 29 15:23:07 BST 2019

On lunedì 29 aprile 2019 13:12:38 CEST Francesco wrote:
> On lunedì 29 aprile 2019 11:50:33 CEST René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> > On Monday April 29 2019 11:35:08 Francesco wrote:
> > >messages still not marked as read!
> >
> > Even messages that came in while kmail wasn't running?
>
> I think so, but I'll do further checks.
> However I don't get that point of this question.

I've done further investigations... keeping kmail closed and akonadi
stopped, I retrieved new mails on Thunderbird and read those.
Back to Kmail, checked new mail... they are correctly marked as read!

So the issue seems to be limited to mails that are already fetched by
Kmail and later read on other clients. For those mails already marked as
read, KMail seems to retrieve the correct status.

Odd...