Kmail not syncing read/unread state with imap mailbox

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 13:56:49 BST 2019

On Saturday April 27 2019 12:42:15 Francesco wrote:

>If I read mails from Thunderbird (on another machine) and then I come
>back to Kmail, messages I've just read are marked as non read. This
>happens even if I hit the "check for new mail" button.

>Messages are actually marked as read by Thunderbird since their state is
>displayed correctly if I check those on the web interface of my mailbox
>or by k-9 mail on android.
>
>On the contrary, reading mails on Kmail and then back on Thunderbird (or
>others), messages are shown with their correct read state.

I get exactly the same thing between KMail 4.14 (on my Mac) and KMail 4.13 (on my Linux rig). The former will ignore most of the state changes made by the latter but not vice versa (read state usually does update, but things like "flagged" or "action item" don't). I would have guessed that bug be fixed in an early 5.x version .... but maybe it's a feature instead?