Considering to switch away from KDEPIM/Akonadi

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Mon Apr 8 19:14:50 BST 2019

Ianseeks - 05.04.19, 09:37:
> On Thursday, 4 April 2019 13:20:06 BST Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > Vojtěch Zeisek - 04.04.19, 14:10:
> > > I don't have much annoying issues with KMail, for me it's still
> > > the
> > > best e-mail client. I don't wish to leave it.
> > > So big thanks to all developers.
> >
> > Thank you for your feedback.
> >
> > Great to hear it is working much better for you.
> >
> > Just to make it clear:
> >
> > I am grateful for KDEPIM. KMail is a marvelous mail program,
> > Korganizer and KAddressBook are also really nice.
> >
> > So yes, big thanks to all developers. No matter what my recent
> > experiences where.
> >
> > Thanks,
>
> Try converting to Postgres - i did that a few years ago and most of
> the problems you list went away.  The only thing that still didn't
> work well was the filtering on incoming email as it created
> duplicates (i've not tried it since) so i let all emails arrive first
> then selected all then applied the filters manually. I'm only getting
> the occasional duplicate now.

Thank you.

Okay, two recommendations to convert to Postgres. I might do that cause
especially with performance related issues I see mysqld at 100% CPU or
more for minutes and longer, despite tuning.

I'd keep a copy of the old data to be able to restore items without RID
from it should I miss mails after the conversion.

Thanks,
--
Martin