Considering to switch away from KDEPIM/Akonadi
domi.dumont at free.fr
Sun Apr 7 19:05:55 BST 2019
On Sunday, 7 April 2019 00:07:51 CEST Matthias Müller wrote:
> I've read a lot of switching from MySQL to MariDB or PostgreSQL or vica
> versa or …
> But: How to do that?
On my Debian I did:
- apt install akonadi-backend-postgresql postgresql
- in kontact, export all filters to a file
- delete filters
- stop kontact
- akonadictl stop
- rm -r .local/share/akonadi/*
- mkdir .local/share/akonadi/db_data
- edit .config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc to set Driver=QPSQL in %General section
- akonadictl start
- then open kontact (or kmail).
- then the mails are downloaded from servers
- import the filters that were imported previously
There's no need to redo the account configuration. But folder properties (like
expiration) are lost.
Hope this helps
More information about the kdepim-users