How to make Caldav resource sync less eagerly?

Erik Quaeghebeur kdepim-users at equaeghe.nospammail.net
Tue Apr 2 07:35:52 BST 2019

Dear list,

I'm using Zanshin (0.5.0), the (alternative) todo manager using Akonadi
(18.12.3). I use a caldav resource for my todos.

Zanshin does not have a ‘save’ or ‘ok’ button for its tasks, but just saves
as you type. My impression is that Akonadi (sqlite backend) has no problem
with this. However, I get lots of dirty entry-problems for my todos. After
investigating a bit, I found a cleanup procedure [*], but it is
time-consuming.

My impression is that Akonadi tries to synchronize the changes saved by
Zanshin too eagerly. Namely, faster than the network connection or server
will allow and that therefore synchronization issues occur. So, to
alleviate this issue:

	Is there a way to make an Akonadi Caldav resource sync less eagerly?

If that is not possible:

	Is there a way to make Zanshin save to Akonadi less eagerly?

If that is not possible:

	Is there a way to temporarily stop syncing a specific resource?

Thanks,

Erik

[*] The cleanup procedure:

1. Using Akonadiconsole, find the dirty entries, copy their content to a
file somewhere and delete them from Akonadi
2. Stop Akonadi
3. Delete the agent_config_akonadi_davgroupware_resource_xy_changes.dat
file from ~/.config/akonadi. (N.B.: This file should be placed in
~/.local/share/akonadi, but that's another issue.)
4. Restart Akonadi
5. Manually re-edit or re-add the entries that were dirty.