i've read about this... this is the first time i have experienced it. what do i do?

Ianseeks bingmybong at btinternet.com
Wed Sep 26 09:55:22 BST 2018

On Tuesday, 25 September 2018 19:28:30 BST Jörg Schaible wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Sep 2018 09:45:36 +0100 Ianseeks wrote:
>
> > On Monday, 24 September 2018 20:14:46 BST salamandir at hybridelephant.com
> > wrote:
> >> kontact 5.7.3, kubuntu 18.04
> >>
> >> i've read about this happening on this list many times, but as it never
> >> happened to me, i didn't pay attention to what to do to fix it.
> >>
> >> i've been struck with the "Retrieving Folder Contents -- Please
> >> wait..."
> >> problem: i start contact and, instead of seeing individual messages, i
> >> see "Retrieving Folder Contents -- Please wait..." pretty much
> >> regardless of what i do.
> >>
> >> it seems to go away, sometimes: i can start it, sometimes, without that
> >> message, but as soon as i move a message to a new location, or delete a
> >> message, i get "Retrieving Folder Contents -- Please wait...".
> >>
> >> please help! 8/
> >>
> > Unfortunately you'll probably need to upgrade to the latest versions of
> > kmail and related software.  This was a problem a few years ago and it
> > improved over time until now when its not a problem anymore. I'm not
> > sure if its a mysql or akonadi problem but its not a kmail problem
> > itself.
>
> So? Don't you think 5.9.1 is new enough? I have to do this at least all 5 minutes - often more frequently when
> reading mails.

5.9.1. is the version i'm on but on this login i've moved from mysql to postgresql and i no longer have the problem. i have another login where i use the same version but using mysql and that no longer has the problem either.

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20180920
Qt: 5.11.1 KDE Frameworks: 5.49.0 - KDE Plasma:  5.13.5 - kwin 5.13.5