i've read about this... this is the first time i have experienced it. what do i do?

Shridhar Daithankar ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net
Tue Sep 25 17:01:01 BST 2018

On मंगळवार, २५ सप्टेंबर, २०१८ ७:४४:४० म.पू. IST salamandir wrote:
> On Monday, 24 September 2018 19:08:28 PDT Shridhar Daithankar, an eminent
>
> manifestation of divinity, wrote:
> > Try
> >
> > $ akonadictl restart
>
> that's it...
>
> my understanding is that it's not a permanent fix, but will get things
> working again, temporarily, correct?

Till it occurs again :). So yes, it is a temporary fix.

A reboot or logout will have same effect. IME, it will work most of the times
but sometimes it gets stuck and needs a hand to rescue itself.

Remembering that akonadi is just a cache, I have dropped the databases at
times, to get it back on its feet :D

--
Regards
 Shridhar