kmail 5.9.1 experience -- the early hours

Paul Vixie paul at redbarn.org
Tue Sep 18 10:23:27 BST 2018

suse tumbleweed gave me kmail 5.9.1 today, and i've been using it for about
two hours. so far it has not hung, which is high praise. i've watched it move
messages from one imap account to another, even while scanning folders in both
accounts. i've watched it remember some message moves where the destination
server was in offline mode, and then complete those moves after that server
came back online. any of these things would have required restarting kmail at
least once, and restarting akonadi at least once, and possibly doing a vacuum
and an fsck, under 5.9.0.

so, kudos to the dev team, it looks like we have better mutex discipline now.

vixie