Serious problem with KMail

Peter Humphrey peter at prh.myzen.co.uk
Fri Sep 14 17:05:24 BST 2018

On Thursday, 13 September 2018 17:56:45 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:

--->8

> No matter how I set up the IMAP source, KMail seems to make no attempt to
> communicate with the server. I haven't brought out the tin-snips yet to
> analyse the IP traffic, but I've tried everything else I can think of.

--->8

Now I have a 1.2MB mail file on the local IMAP server. It contains 50-odd e-
mails which I'd like to import into KMail. I see a facility to import plain
text emails into KMail, and I've copied the file onto this machine, but KMail
complains that it can't find any messages.

What's the format required for text import? I suppose I could split the file
by hand if really necessary, but it would be a labour, full of risk.

Meanwhile, until I can get IMAP working I may have to resort to POP3
collection from my ISP, and wrestle with the problems that brings.

Does the team think there'd be much to be gained from submitting a bug report?

--
Gentoo stable
sys-kernel/gentoo-sources 4.14.65