Serious problem with KMail

Jörg Schaible joerg.schaible at gmx.de
Thu Sep 13 23:58:57 BST 2018

Hi Peter,

On Thu, 13 Sep 2018 17:56:45 +0100 Peter Humphrey wrote:

[snip]

> No matter how I set up the IMAP source, KMail seems to make no attempt
> to communicate with the server. I haven't brought out the tin-snips yet
> to analyse the IP traffic, but I've tried everything else I can think
> of. I've tried setting up the IMAP source first, with outgoing set
> either to the IMAP server or to my ISP's server. I've tried settting up
> the POP3 service first,
> then the IMAP - this is the order in which I defined them originally.
> I've tried setting up GMail first, second or third. I've even tried
> reverting the server to its previous version, which used to work with no
> problems.
>
> So at the moment I have a write-only e-mail system (if this makes it
> out).
>
> Can anyone shed a little light into my dark corner?

Have you tried to stop akonadi while KMail runs? I usually do this from command line "akonadictl stop". KMail
will then restart it and suddenly it fetches my mails from the IMAP server. Unfortunately after some time,
akonadi gets stuck again and a new start/stop cycle has to be done. :-/

Cheers,
Jörg