On a positive note: forwarding just started working again

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sat Sep 8 19:42:12 BST 2018

On Freitag, 7. September 2018 21:01:35 CEST René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Let me say something positive for once ... but it's about KMail 4.13 so if
> that's no longer your thing just move on :)
>
> For a long time I was unable to forward emails that were in the inbox of my
> main GMail account (accessed as a standard IMAP account). The menu actions
> were simply disabled for a reason I've never been able to understand. To
> forward a message I could either use Reply and then modify things as
> needed, or go into the "All Mail" folder and forward from there.
>
> Just now I noticed that this is no longer needed. We'll see if it sticks of
> if it's a "freak" happy accident (say an uninitialised variable that just
> happened to be initialised correctly this time).
>
> If you're still with me: how can this be, supposing it's not an accident?

As a developer, I'd say "That's impossible!" ;-) Yet, apparently, it happened.
I cannot think of a technical reason for disabling forwarding for certain
folders, even for such a weird "IMAP" implementation as Gmail's.

> Is there something the remote IMAP server can do that disables forwarding
> functionality in a given folder?

No.

> Is there a setting (folder property) I can apply locally?

I've never seen such a setting and I very much doubt that something like this
exists. Because why would anyone want to disable forwarding for certain
folders. (Yes, I'm sure there are legitimate reasons for this.)