An odd debug message

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 22:48:04 BST 2018

On Thursday October 25 2018 23:22:17 Ingo Klöcker wrote:

> Please refrain from making uninformed allusions and claims.

It's not.

QtWebkit has been rebooted and the git repo holding it links to a page or two making a very strong point that QWK is better and leaner than QWE for just about everything except building a full-fledged web browser. That includes being significantly faster.
When I asked about bringing back support for it, after discovering that QWK was rebooted and that akonadi/kdepim now depend on QWE, I was told it wasn't going to happen. In a rather unfriendly manner too, I might add.
QWK may have been removed from the all-inclusive source tarball and the official installers, it has always been available as a community release. Given how the API hasn't evolved it should not have been that much of a burden to keep the old code behind a default-off build switch and leave the choice up to the user.