akonadi_control Closed Unexpectedly

Ianseeks bingmybong at btinternet.com
Mon May 21 11:10:19 BST 2018

On Monday, 21 May 2018 10:20:31 BST Ian Douglas wrote:
> On Monday, 21 May 2018 11:10:36 AM SAST Ianseeks wrote:
>
> > Look at this page for dealing with a failed akonadi migration.
> > https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/pim/kmail2/clean-start-after-a-failed-migrati
> > on.html
> >
> > It tells you how to remove akonadi data and let it rebuild itself - it does
> > take a while to rebuild so go and make a pot of tea and bake a cake when
> > its running
>
> Looks more like "rebuild everything from scratch" ... I've got over 20 years
> of mail in multiple accounts/emails, so that's not going to be a trivial
> exercise... :-)
Yes, it is a full rebuild so maybe bake 2 cakes and go out for the day  :)

> Plus I just KNOW it's going to mark everything as either "read" or "not read"

I can't remember if that happened when i did a long while ago.

I forgot to mention it this process upsets the kmail config, so you'll need to check that out as well.

> Thanks anyway :-)
Good luck if you go ahead.

> Cheers, Ian

regards

Ian

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20180519
Qt: 5.10.0 KDE Frameworks: 5.46.0 - KDE Plasma:  5.12.5 - kwin 5.12.5