akonadi_control Closed Unexpectedly

Ianseeks bingmybong at btinternet.com
Mon May 21 10:10:36 BST 2018

On Monday, 21 May 2018 09:30:59 BST Ian Douglas wrote:
> On Saturday, 19 May 2018 7:33:06 PM SAST Ianseeks wrote:
>
> > This crash happens before i've actually done anything, it appears
> > immediately after the desktop appears.  I've also had your type crash
> > occasionally and when that happens I do an 'akonadictl fsck' and
> > 'akonadictl vacuum' on the command line, you may have to do a 'akonadictl
> > start' first though.
>
> To be honest, after the last update end of Jan, when I let Akonadi do some
> maintenance via akonadiconsole, and it promptly "lost" all the messages in a
> folder, I am reluctant to do any sort of maintenance with Akonadi.
>
> At present I've got emails in literally three different folder hierarchies,
> thanks to Akonadi, and I need to find a way to get them all into one hierarchy
> without confusing Akonadi.

Look at this page for dealing with a failed akonadi migration.
https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/pim/kmail2/clean-start-after-a-failed-migration.html

It tells you how to remove akonadi data and let it rebuild itself - it does take a while to rebuild so go and make a pot of tea and bake a cake when its running

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20180517
Qt: 5.10.0 KDE Frameworks: 5.45.0 - KDE Plasma:  5.12.5 - kwin 5.12.5