Message Structure

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sat May 19 13:51:09 BST 2018

On Samstag, 19. Mai 2018 10:38:16 CEST Rainer Dorsch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in previous releases of kmail there was a way to show the message structure,
> i.e. it allowed to switch e.g. between text and html view.

There's an easier, but well-hidden, way to switch between text and html view:
By clicking on the vertical bar showing either "Plain Message" or "HTML
Message". If the bar shows "No HTML Message", then  (for obvious reasons)
clicking on the bar has no effect.

> It was enabled
> using View->Show message strucutre (translated back from German). This
> seems to be gone.
>
> Does anybody know if displaying the message structure is still possible?

How to add a corresponding button to the toolbar has already been explained by
Volker.

Alternatively, you could add a keyboard shortcut for showing/hiding the
message structure (Settings->Configure Shortcuts...). I did this a long time
ago, so I didn't even notice that it's gone from the menu. :-) Hmm, I just saw
that there seems to be a default keyboard shortcut: Ctrl+Alt+D. So, you don't
even have to configure a shortcut.