So I think I found my new mails...

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Sun Mar 25 10:53:07 BST 2018

Dear René,

René J.V. Bertin - 24.03.18, 17:33:
> I also felt my eyebrowes raising higher and higher reading through Martin's
> last messages. How again does Larry Niven cite Finagle's law, something
> about absurdity tending to a maximum? [… probable netiquette violation
> dropped …]

Given that kind of feedback I have no intention to explain anything about
Akonadi concepts and items here again for now.

My intention was to support Ian to understand what is going on his his setup,
while being fully transparent about what current, fixable (!) issues with
Akonadi are. But I am not willing to take in this kind of feedback as a "thank
you" for it. You crossed a line I of what I consider appropriate behavior.

I will unsubscribe for a while just to help myself to let go of the negativity
some people here drop into this list, and my wanting to help people despite
the kind of feedback I received here so far *for communicating transparently*.
I certainly deserve better than that and so do all of the KDEPIM developers,
Pablo and others who dedicate mostly their spare time to improve KDEPIM +
Akonadi.

Your and Dave´s judgment about the current situation just does not do any good
to change anything about it. As said again and again here on the list, KDEPIM
developers are aware of the current shortcomings of the current implementation
of Akonadi (not the general design). There is no need to add judgmental
feedback about them on top of it, there is no need to make the point any
clearer unless you believe in trying to force people to do something about the
current situation by blaming them. I am pretty sure that does not serve as a
good motivation and that you cannot change anyone else except yourself anyway.

Unsubscribing after this mail in order to establish a clear boundary of what I
consider appropriate behavior. Yes, I am taking offense, and yes, I am not
taking this in anymore.

Thanks,
--
Martin