Fixing things Akonadi doesn't with some SQL-fu

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 20:20:05 GMT 2018

When I read this kind of thread I have to wonder each time if Akonadi really regressed so much since moving to 5.x . Not that I don't have my share of little issues with KDEPIM 4.13 and 4.14, including the BSOD, sporadic need to run akonadi's fsck or just restart it, but it's nothing compared to what I read here.

I must say that I limit the retrieval interval for large folders like the GMail "All Mail" ones, and that I set all folder to "retrieve message bodies on demand", maybe that helps.

Maybe this would in fact be a solution for some: downgrade to 4.14 . Evidently you'd have to replace all of KDEPIM including Akonadi but that should still be possible.