ok, maybe i won't find any devs to back akonadi out of kde-pim after all

Maurice maurice at bcs.org.uk
Mon Mar 19 12:44:17 GMT 2018

On Sun, 18 Mar 2018 16:59:20 +0200, Ian Douglas wrote:

> Kmail was the closest I could find on Linux, and over the years I've
> looked at Thunderbird, Evolution, Sylpheed/claws, etc,

  I felt the same, but in despair over the current Kmail/Akonadi
"Retrieving
folder contents" mess I have moved over onto Thunderbird (which does
handle
maildir) until such time as that mess has been dealt with.

Actually, although Thunderbird's GUI is far inferior to Kmail's
(configuration
needs a lot of patience) I am now quite happy with it - as a stop-gap.
Its access to POP3 servers seems much slicker that Kmail.
  N.B. When asking it to take over one's ~/mail maildir directory, there
is a
need to use the 'Repair folder' facility to get it to index it.

--
/\/\aurice
	(Retired in Surrey, UK)     Registered Linux User #487649