kde-pim dev needed, for a sponsored open source effort, to remove akonadi

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Thu Mar 15 15:59:24 GMT 2018

[ Comments below, in-line ]

On Thu, 15 Mar 2018 16:42:09 +0100, René J.v. Bertin wrote:

> One thing that kept nagging me when reading the page [sic] Pable
> linked to:  but why we need such extensive database functionality
> that there's so much opportunity to optimise things?

I don't know why you believe that there's 'extensive database
functionality' ... what does that mean?  Can you quantify this point?

Database optimizations have little to to do with complexity of a
design.  In this particular case, we have an egregious performance
issue that I have identified.  To fix it, Dan has proposed a new
method.

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926        iNum:  883.5100.0990.1054