Annoying new design of the mail folder display

Quazgar quazgar at posteo.de
Sat Mar 3 17:10:54 GMT 2018

On Saturday, 03. March 2018 22:11:07 Vishnu V. Krishnan wrote:
> I'm using KMail version 5.7.2
>
> The new format of displaying mail folders and unread emails is very annoying
> because each time I open it, I have to re-size it, for anything to be
> visible.
>
> In the earlier view, the unread mail count in brackets against each folder
> gave me all the information I needed at a glance.
>
> Is there any way I can revert to the old way?

Hi Vishnu,

I think I had the same problem, I even reported a bug before I found out that
all I needed to do was to hide the columns with the number of mails: right-
click on the column-names, uncheck all "View columns" boxes, done :-)

I agree that it is counter-intuitive to uncheck "Unread" if you want to see
the number of unread mails in a more readable way.

Cheers,
quazgar

--
Mein öffentlicher Schlüssel / My public key: 0x600ACB3B 2012-04-01
Fingerabdruck / Fingerprint: