KMail 5.7.3 news and question

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Sun Jun 17 18:50:50 BST 2018

[KMail 5.73 on Fedora 28 updated this morning]

Perhaps a victory for some like me, but this morning my older Fedora 28 KMail
choked on the usual Akonadi stuff, and then locked up KDE/X/something and that
prompted me to do the kernel and kf5 updates I've had pending and after
rebooting and starting KMail 5.7.3 my adjustments to the Name/Unread/Total/
Size folder columns seem to have held!

Still, is there a way to go back to highlighting the names of folders with new
messages and showing the number like it was before? That columnar thing is
pretty useless to me, and the way my screen is laid out I can't see that
column and the folder name isn't bold anymore so I have to move something out
of the way to see which folder(s) have new messages.

Maybe I still don't have something set right.

Also, because of nVidia video that Nouveau/QT5 didn't get along with I've been
using LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1 kmail & from a Konsole window to start KMail. I
read somewhere that QT-WebKit (? or something) was going to blacklist Nouveau
and not rely on it for accelerated GPU. Has that been done? Can I just run
'kmail' now?