KMail stuck on loading message

Peter Humphrey peter at prh.myzen.co.uk
Tue Jan 16 00:53:13 GMT 2018

On Monday, 15 January 2018 18:41:46 GMT Maurice wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Nov 2017 12:14:20 +0000, Maurice wrote:
> > It's a problem that is preventing me from moving from Mageia-5 to -6.
>
>   Actually, I have now moved over onto Mageia-6, using Thunderbird
> instead of KMail
>   after passing it the whole of my Maildir POP database.
>     Steady as a rock, though I've already found an unexpected difficulty
> in seeing
>   the body of an email sent to me as an email attachment...

One day, KMail will be the supreme email client we all want it to be, and
which it was until the akonadi madness hit. Until then we just have to be
patient.

I've managed to get it working, more or less, by converting my POP3 source
into IMAP. That invoved finding a machine on the LAN to turn into a mail
server with fetchmail, postfix and dovecot, then making it fetch the POP3
mails and serve them as IMAP. It's called evading the problem, and it
shouldn't be necessary.

Peter.