kmail sigh

Joshua J. Kugler joshua at joshuakugler.com
Thu Feb 1 23:20:36 GMT 2018

On Monday, January 29, 2018 10:11:09 AM AKST Ianseeks wrote:
> Try converting kmail to use postgresql, its a lot faster.  It doesn't
> eliminate akonadi issues like duplicates but i seem to get a hell of lot
> less of them and the "retrieving folders..." issue seems to have
> disappeared.  If you have to do the "akonadictl fsck/vacuum", you'll find
> that is so fast compared to running it using mysql

I would like to try that, but am afraid of all the information I'd lose, since
there is not export/import facility for Akonadi. Do you lose all your read/
unread/important statuses? Or are those stored in the maildir file? What else
do you lose?

Joshua J. Kugler -- Fairbanks, AK
Blogs: http://jjncj.com/blog/ (Family) -- http://joshuakugler.com (Geek)
Philippians 2:9-11