Since Akonadi/Google permissions dialog, no gmails are being

Ianseeks bingmybong at btinternet.com
Thu Aug 30 11:42:07 BST 2018

On Thursday, 30 August 2018 05:12:41 BST E. Hakan Duran wrote:
> Hi Ian,
>
> On Wednesday, August 29, 2018 7:32:26 AM CDT Ianseeks wrote:
> > Since agreeing to Akonadi having permission to my Google mail i got this morning, i've not received any emails into kmail from gmail although at the last count (via webmail) I have 9 unread emails sitting in my Google account that kmail won't retrieve. I have received these emails on my phone.
>
> It happened to me too, but things went back to normal the next day on their own. I hope you don't end up having to deal with this longer than necessary either.
>
> Hakan
I've found a solution.  I changed the "Allow less secure apps: ON" to OFF on my Google settings for webmail - that didn't do anything to fix it though. I then went through the kmail settings for Receving emails on the google account, on that page is said Authenticaion is "Gmail" -  i set this to PLAIN and now it all works

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20180828
Qt: 5.11.1 KDE Frameworks: 5.49.0 - KDE Plasma:  5.13.4 - kwin 5.13.4