New e-mails not showing up

Peter Humphrey peter at prh.myzen.co.uk
Thu Aug 30 09:35:17 BST 2018

Hello list,

I've just rebuilt my entire Gentoo system from bare silicon and created a
new user account for myself; this was part of a plasma bug-hunting exercise.
Now my filters are sending new messages to the proper folders, but the
Unread total is not updated so I have to guess which folders might have new
mail.

I have an incoming IMAP account with my local server (to evade the problems
KMail has with POP3 accounts), and an outgoing SMTP account with my ISP. All
filters are set to operate on all incoming e-mails, and they all mark their
messages as Unread.

It seems that I get different problems with KMail every time I create a new
user account, which I do from time to time in trying to get out of whatever
problems I've been having. Maybe I need to do it again.

Peter.