akonadi loses constantly track

Maurice maurice at bcs.org.uk
Fri Aug 17 11:13:46 BST 2018

On Thu, 16 Aug 2018 19:22:42 +0000, Jörg Schaible wrote:

>  I am using KDE/Kmail now for more than 15 years and I always loved the
>  application interface. But
> situation is not bearable anymore and I am now out of ideas.

Although I use the basic POP3 approach, I was in that same position a
few months ago because of the "Retrieving folder contents' hangup, so
migrated to Thunderbird, although still checking with Kmail in the hope
it would improve.

Since then a massive KDE Plasma5 update seems to have removed the
'Retrieving folder contents' hangup, and all seems well again - though
still with frequent duplicate emails (which I suspect is also to do with
filtering into subfolders).

But having found Thunderbird such a reliable and slick performer
(albeit with a truly generally awful application interface) I am having
difficulty persuading myself to return to Kmail.
  (An additional benefit with Thunderbird is that the whole thing is
contained in one folder (~/.thunderbird), making it a simple matter to
clone to another machine.)

--
/\/\aurice