Unable to send with Sendmail

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Wed Aug 15 11:25:35 BST 2018

On Mittwoch, 15. August 2018 11:45:26 CEST Vishnu V. Krishnan wrote:
> On Wed, 2018-08-15 at 10:42 +0200, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> > On Wednesday August 15 2018 00:39:56 Vishnu V. Krishnan wrote:
> > >    E-Mail Sending Failed
> > >    Failed to transport message. Failed to execute mailer program
> > >    /usr/bin/
> > >
> > > msmtp --account=<account_name>
> >
> > Probably an open door, but are you certain that it doesn't try to execute
> > an executable called " /usr/bin/msmtp --account=<account_name>" (= if you
> > don't have a quote in a wrong location).
>
> I did not use any quotes when I put that in the relevant field. Should I
> have?
>
> This is in Settings > Accounts > Sending > Add > Sendmail

It's likely that KMail interprets the entered text as the name of the program
to call as René suspected. You can try to write a shell script which calls
/usr/bin/msmtp --account=<account_name>
and enter the path of this shell script in the configuration, but I doubt that
will work because the command is not executed with a shell.

Please submit a bug report for this.