[SOLVED] Kmail not reflecting contents of ~/mail (maildir)

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sat Aug 4 21:58:37 BST 2018

On Freitag, 3. August 2018 09:34:45 CEST Ianseeks wrote:
> I've got a "/home/XX/.local/share/local-mail" (as per kmail config for Local
> Folders) which as a few old folders in it  plus standard ones like inbox
> and all the folders are empty and
> "/home/XX/.local/share/.local-mail.directory" where all the mail folders
> and mails are actually resident.
>
> Both ~/local-mail and ~/.local-mail.directory have Inbox folders that are
> completely empty but the view inside kmail shows me a lot of emails in the
> Inbox.
>
> I'm not sure i understand this kmail directory structure anymore

It's possible that KMail failed to write the emails to those (file system)
folders. In this case the emails are only stored in the database KMail uses
for faster access (as cache). You could try to copy those emails from your
Inbox to a different folder with KMail and then see if they appear somewhere
inside ~/local-mail or ~/.local-mail.directory.