[SOLVED] Kmail not reflecting contents of ~/mail (maildir)

Maurice maurice at bcs.org.uk
Thu Aug 2 18:55:56 BST 2018

On Tue, 31 Jul 2018 12:55:14 +0000, I wrote:

> something in /home/me  is now preventing kmail from properly reflecting
> the contents of ~/mail any more.
>
> The $64 question is: How to find the culprit?!

Added a folder with odd name, then did search for  that name in ~/.

Name appeared in ~/.mail.directory,  which somehow Kmail was somehow
regarding as ~/mail!

Renamed ~/mail to ~/.mail.directory and Kmail soon picked that up and
eventually displayed all the missing subfolders and contents!

$64:
Why did Kmail suddenly decide to change to ~/.mail.directory instead
of ~./mail (despite it still declaring under /Configure/Local Folders
that
the maildir files were in ~/mail)?

--
/\/\aurice