where to submit feature request for kmail?

Werner Joss werner at hoernerfranzracing.de
Tue Apr 10 16:02:37 BST 2018

Am Montag, 9. April 2018, 21:35:56 schrieb E. Hakan Duran:
> On Sunday, April 8, 2018 12:39:56 AM CDT Werner Joss wrote:
> >
> > take a look at http://archivemail.sourceforge.net/ - this is a command
> > line
> > tool I have used several times just for that task.
>
> Thank you Werner for your response. Please excuse my ignorance, but can this
> tool be used safely with Kontact/Akonadi?

yes, in a sense that it does not interfere with kmail/akonadi directly.
it just fetches emails from your (imap)server, archives them in an mbox file
and then deletes them on the server.
next time kmail/akonadi are synced with the server, the old mails are gone,
that's all.

> I have a few Gmail accounts, all
> set up as disconnected IMAP type, and therefore their folders are not
> local, mbox or maildir format.What I am trying to achieve is to create an
> automated task, that scans these folders, archives and deletes emails older
> than a certain age at regular intervals or at least when Kontact/Kmail is
> on. I want those old emails to be deleted from the server as well. I am
> sorry for not being very clear in my first email.

well, the only difference from your desciption is that archivemail will scan
your imap server, not your local folders (which are just a local copy of what
is on the server, with disconnected imap) and do just what you described.
and as it is a command line tool, it can be invoked via cron and thus be
easily automated.
a drawback, however, is that archivemail can just handle one (imap-) folder at
a time/invocation, and creates an archive mbox for just that folder, not a
whole folder structure/tree.

Werner