Duplicate Emails again

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Mon Sep 25 14:21:00 BST 2017

Peter Humphrey - 25.09.17, 08:59:
> On Thursday, 21 September 2017 18:58:32 BST Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > A users + developers bug squashing party would be awesome. Of course it
> > needs developers willing to work with users, I think there are quite some
> > in the KDE project and in the KDEPIM project, and users willing to work
> > constructively with developers, i.e. really also test things and gather
> > debug output as instructed.
>
> If you wanted it to sound grand, you could call such a team a "task force."
> I'd be willing to join in, though my coding days are about 30 years behind
> me.
>
> Anyone else?

I´d join as well, but challenge is… either meet physically, but we are spread
all over the world I bet. Or via IRC, but then reproducability is a thing. One
would need to use Teamviewer or better a trustable free software variant to
allow a dev to actually see whats going on and also take over.

There is a free software that allows a dev to login via console and do things,
which has even GPG support and is auditable by the user… but I am not aware of
any easy to install, just works thing for GUI access.

Thanks,
--
Martin