KMail is irretrievably broken

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Thu Sep 14 22:09:06 BST 2017

On Thursday 14 September 2017 15:07:18 Peter Humphrey wrote:
> Today, for example, I've had two mailing-list replies also CC'd to me.
> In both cases the CC appeared in my inbox, as it should, but the list
> reply didn't appear anywhere. Your message was one of those; I had to
> move the CC into the list folder myself.

I don't believe that KMail is to blame for this.

Please check the "Avoid duplicate copies of messages?" setting of those
mailing lists. This setting defaults to Yes for some (if not all) KDE
mailing lists and would explain why you've received only one copy. GMail
and some Exchange servers also try to be helpful and silently drop
duplicates.