Word-Wrap cuts links

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Wed Oct 18 09:11:42 BST 2017

ianseeks wrote:
> On Wednesday, 18 October 2017 04:40:08 BST Vishnu V K wrote:
> > Is there any way for links to avoid breaking due to the word-wrap?
> >
> > It is very annoying for the recipient, when I send long links in
> > email, and also for me, if I have to disable the word-wrap every
> > time I'm sending such a link.
> >
> > Vishnu
>
> I had the same issue.  The only way around it seems to be turn
> word-wrap off in the Composer settings and set your composer window
> to the width you want the the lines to "wrap"

Then there seems to be a regression in newer Kmail versions (mine is
4.13.3). My composer is set to a width of 72 and a link like this
<https://www.heise.de/security/meldung/KRACK-Hersteller-Updates-und-Stellungnahmen-3863455.html>
is wrapped in the composer display but it should be unwrapped in the
mail as it gets sent.

Nils