Completely bonkers KMail yet again

Peter Humphrey peter at prh.myzen.co.uk
Mon Oct 2 09:49:45 BST 2017

Hello list,

It's really going mad today. I've grown used to having to run akonadiconsole
to delete a folder's akonadi cache, about once daily. This morning, however,
when I fired up KMail, it had no folders and no messages. After yet another
reboot, they all appeared again.

After pulling down new mail, THREE folders had duplicate messages, and
nowadays KMail doesn't just delete one of them when I tell it to, it whinges
about multiple instances and refuses to do anything.

When are we going to see some progress with fixing this bag of rusty nails?
Who writes unmaintainable code anyway?

Peter.

Gentoo kernel 4.12.12
dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7-r2