Odd choice of Names under the Subjects

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Thu May 18 21:23:23 BST 2017

On Thursday 18 May 2017 23:53:35 Vishnu V K wrote:
> In the Gmail folder Inbox, the names displayed are those in the 'To'
> field of the names, which is mostly me. It should have the name(s) of
> people in the 'From' field. Also, in the Sent folder the names
> displyed are all mine.
>
> Is this a bug, or have I chosen a wrong setting? I do not see this
> issue in my other IMAP accounts (non-Gmail).

Probably a wrong setting. KMail can show a lot of different things in
the message list. You can see them if you right-click on the headers of
the message list. One of those things is Sender/Receiver. This column
shows either the Sender of the message (for normal folders) or the
receiver of the message (for folders that are configured as sent-mail
folders).

A folder is configured as sent-mail folder by setting up an identity
which has this folder as sent-mail folder.

My guess is that, for some reason, your Gmail Inbox is configured as
sent-mail folder for one of your identities while your Sent folder is
not configured as a sent-mail folder.

Of course, you could also explicitly enable the Sender column or the
Receiver column for a folder, but I'm not sure whether the displayed
columns can be configured per folder.