Goodbye for now, kmail

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Sat May 6 23:04:19 BST 2017

On Saturday, May 6, 2017 2:47:21 PM CEST ianseeks wrote:
> On Saturday, 6 May 2017 11:04:33 BST Daniel Vrátil wrote:

> > > I was thinking more of versions of individual bits of software within
> > > the
> > > major versions, all it takes is for one failed update of one small piece
> > > of
> > > software to perhaps cause an issue.  As Dan  is not able to reproduce a
> > > lot
> > > of issues, maybe we should be able to validate our installation against
> > > his
> > > to see if there are differences.
> >
> > Ensuring that you have all the parts in the same version is usually up to
> > the distribution (and you checking package manager logs :-))
>
> Indeed.
>
> Is your working KDEPIM installation from a Distro packaging system or one
> you put together yourself?  If so, can you tell us which distro you use so
> we can possibly see if all users of that distro also have a working system.
>  I realise I am grasping at straws here and will be my last grab at a straw
> :)

I'm on Fedora, but I'm running a self-compiled git master of KDE PIM (on top
of self-compiled KDE Frameworks). I use the same build for both development
and production use (the latter forces me to make sure I don't brake things too
much :-))

I don't wipe Akonadi DB at all and I cary my Akonadi/KMail config since for 5
or so years, so it's not that I would be using a pristine setup either.

--
Daniel Vrátil
www.dvratil.cz | dvratil at kde.org

GPG Key: 0x4D69557AECB13683
Fingerprint: 0ABD FA55 A4E6 BEA9 9A83 EA97 4D69 557A ECB1 3683