Goodbye for now, kmail

Werner Joss werner at hoernerfranzracing.de
Sat May 6 13:19:18 BST 2017

Am Samstag, 6. Mai 2017, 12:56:29 schrieb Peter Humphrey:
> Well. I wonder how hard it would be to integrate KMail from Trinity into my
> Gentoo system. I've no doubt all the libraries would be wrong, for a start.

I don't think this would be a big problem.
as said, trinity runs on recent debian, ubuntu, fedora etc...

given that, it builds fine with current gcc, glibc and so on.
also not the trinity team has ported the whole kde3.x build system to cmake,
so no more autoconf** hell :)

just get first tqt3 source (tqt3 is the replacement for old qt3) and build it,
then tde base packages and so on.
see
https://wiki.trinitydesktop.org/How_to_Build_TDE_Core_Modules

maybe you can also create and provide tde ebuilds for others to use ;-)

Werner