Goodbye for now, kmail

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat May 6 10:49:47 BST 2017

On Saturday May 06 2017 11:20:39 Anders Lund wrote:

>Both claws mail and thunderbird displays a mail when asked to. They do
>not have the BSOD "feature" of kmail. Probably, no other email client

Bsod? If only it were still blue and not something that also makes your eyes bleed ... ;)

On Saturday May 06 2017 11:31:20 Anders Lund wrote:
>Akonadi does not work for (IMAP) mail. It may be that it can be tweaked
>to somewhat work in specific cases, if the peers like mail servers are
>carefully chosen, but it is not a functional solution in general.
>
>The only sane thing to do, is to deakonadify kmail.

I wonder, how open is KDEPIM to adding an optional IMAP agent that doesn't rely on Akonadi? That could provide a compromise: continue to support and develop the Akonadi infrastructure but users will have a choice for IMAP between something (probably simpler) that just works and a default that's somewhat top-heavy O:^)

R.