Goodbye for now, kmail

ianseeks bingmybong at btinternet.com
Sat May 6 10:11:27 BST 2017

On Saturday, 6 May 2017 09:36:51 BST Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> ianseeks - 06.05.17, 08:29:
> > > This is the really annoying part: it all just works for me. I don't know
> > > what I'm doing wrong, but it just works. I can't reproduce many of the
> > > misbehaviors and issues that users report and without that I can't fix
> > > them. Believe me that it really annoys me and that I'd much rather had
> > > the
> > > most broken setup ever that I could just analyze and fix, but I guess
> > > I'm
> > > just too lucky (or unlucky, depends on the point of view :-))
> >
> > Is there someway we can all check release levels are all consistent with
> > all  the software required for KDEPIM?  It could be that all your pieces
> > of
> > software are correctly matched with each other whereas a lot of us just
> > accept the upgrades and some of us may now have misaligned software
> > releases
>
> Well at least that one should be easy enough as Akonadi and KDEPIM has same
> version number on each release since quite some time.

I was thinking more of versions of individual bits of software within the
major versions, all it takes is for one failed update of one small piece of
software to perhaps cause an issue.  As Dan  is not able to reproduce a lot of
issues, maybe we should be able to validate our installation against his to
see if there are differences.

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20170503
Qt: 5.7.1