akonadi and CPU

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Fri May 5 23:15:33 BST 2017

René J.V. Bertin - 01.04.17, 10:30:
> >DBus was the killer in KDE4. Nowadays it's out of the game, but we still
> >suck  at not doing lots of useless SQL queries. One day, maybe, I'll get
> >to fix it
> What surprises me is that I the CPU burning is so much more noticeable on
> Mac than on my Linux systems (newer but considerably lower-end hardware).
> I'm using a build from the git/4.14 branch on the Mac while I'm still at
> good old stable 4.13.3 on Linux, maybe that explains part of the
> difference? Otherwise we might indeed be looking at differences in the
> dbus-daemon itself, and QtDBus.

I really recommend to you to use at least KDEPIM + Akonadi 16.04 or later.

It has *massive* performance improvements over KDEPIM 4 + Akonadi 1.13 or
whatever it was. Up to the point that it doesn´t even really make sense to
optimize anything for this ancient version.

IMHO its still not there for various reasons I, Pablo and others outlined,
but… it has massive improvements.

Thanks,
--
Martin