Goodbye for now, kmail

E. Hakan Duran ehakanduran at gmail.com
Fri May 5 04:24:17 BST 2017

On Thursday, May 4, 2017 12:07:52 AM CDT Vishnu V. Krishnan wrote:
> In-spite of the occasional breakages, I continue to use Kontact apps,
> because I don't think there is anything else as feature-full, that also
> affords the user that degree of control.

Agreed. Unfortunately, the relative unstable nature of this suite creates a
love/hate relationship, at least in my case. Kmail/Kontact was the main reason
why I completely dumped Windows back in time, when KDE 3 was the norm. Since
then, obviously so many things changed, but there is still much room for
improvement. I wish there was a way to persuade the KDE developers to invest
more on KDEPIM. It seems like, at the moment, there is only one developer (Dan
Vratil) who is actively working on this huge suite. I feel like with a focused
effort, a lot of improvements can be made in terms of usability, in a
relatively short amount of time. I even checked to see if donations are
allowed specifically for KDEPIM, but it didn't seem possible. Being a user is a
very passive role. Such a pity...

Hakan