Goodbye for now, kmail

Vishnu V. Krishnan vishnugb at gmail.com
Thu May 4 06:07:52 BST 2017

In-spite of the occasional breakages, I continue to use Kontact apps, because
I don't think there is anything else as feature-full, that also affords the
user that degree of control.

> > Can devs just dump Akonadi the whole concept of having database cache
> > instead of plain simple maildir folders

Can someone explain (or point to a discussion on) how exactly these two
approaches are different, and their pros and cons?

On a slightly unrelated note, a pet peeve of mine results from Akonadi's use
of mariadb, which happens to be one of the few reasons I'm unable to rid my
machine of systemd. Is Akonadi joined to mariadb at the hip? Or is it a
replaceable component?

Vishnu
--
OpenPGP fingerprint: 5015 1D4C 9BDF 9062 A9E1 62CB 5B1F4BEE7EED7131