akonadi and CPU

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Mon Mar 27 22:19:22 BST 2017

[ Comments below, in-line ]

On Mon, 27 Mar 2017 23:14:13 +0200, René J.v. Bertin wrote:

> On Saturday March 25 2017 07:46:02 Pablo Sanchez wrote:
>> Hi Rene,
>>
>> During the event, what is the process consuming CPU?  Or
>> processes?
>
> These four, roughly in order of CPU usage:
>
> dbus-daemon akonadi_imap_agent mysqld akonadiserver
>
> dbus-daemon can go as high as 80%, the imap agent and mysqld hover
> around 45% while akonadiserver is somewhat less expensive. Together
> they use a good chunk of resources on my 2 core * 2 hyperthreads i7,
> what with all the IPC going on.

Hi René,

Let's see if mysqld is still being told to run zillions of queries per
second.  As you know, if a query's result-set is in cache, it manifests
itself as CPU.

To enable sql tracing, see the second answer here -
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/568564/how-can-i-view-live-mysql-queries

SET GLOBAL general_log = 'ON';

Let us know what you find.

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926        iNum:  883.5100.0990.1054