akonadi and CPU

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 11:38:36 GMT 2017

Hi,

This is an observation I've been meaning to share that may not be very relevant because it concerns KDEPIM4 on Mac, but then again it might help for optimisation purposes:

A full email check can really get the fans going on my 2.7Ghz i7 (from 2011, not the youngest but should still be overkill for just checking email). That's with an email set-up that includes 2 GMail accounts (both of which are configured to skip the Spam and Trash folders while updating) and a locally hosted imap account. Accounts are all configured to download only the minimum information until I actually open a message.

What I just noticed is that these expensive checks don't necessarily involve disk activity: I could see my temperature monitor indicate rising and falling CPU temps while the disk clearly remained in standby (no temp. indication).

R.